There was another mass shooting the other day–only eleven days after the last mass shooting, in addition to 305 other mass shootings in the past 312 days–bringing the tally thus far this year to 328 DEAD and 1200+ WOUNDED.
With so many well-intended thoughts and prayers offered after each and every tragedy, there must be a reason why this keeps happening. Are we not thinking and praying enough?
Clearly, there must be someone or something to blame!
Donald Trump faults America’s preparedness. He said so when Nikolas Cruz shot and killed 17 students and staff members at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida on Valentine’s Day.
If only the teachers had been armed…
And he mentioned it again after Robert Bowers opened fire on congregants at Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, during Shabbat morning services, killing 11 and injuring others.
If only there had been an armed guard at the temple…
Trump continues to echo National Rifle Association chief Wayne LaPierre’s long-touted notion that “the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.”
It’s a familiar refrain by 2nd Amendment activists and lobbyists.
Perhaps they are right, and pacifists have been blind to such an obvious solution…
WE NEED MORE GUNS TO STOP THE VIOLENCE!
America has 4% of the world population, but controls 46% of the civilian guns, globally. Suppose we put them to good use!
Therefore, all of us have the power and responsibility to prevent the next mass shooting by stationing one or more armed civilians at EVERY:
- bar, restaurant, coffee shop, donut shop, pizzeria, take-out, drive-thru, food truck;
- shopping plaza, shopping center, shopping mall, strip mall, retail center, department store, discount center, flea market, garage sale;
- home center, dry cleaner, laundromat, pawn shop, liquor store;
- firehouse, courthouse, post office, police station, municipal office, county office, state office, federal office, library, voter poll;
- barber shop, beauty salon, nail salon, eyebrow threading salon, tanning salon, massage parlor, spa;
- bank, savings & loan, credit union, financial service, investment house, loan shark;
- realty, mortgage agency, bail bond agency;
- gymnasium, dance studio, yoga studio, swimming pool, bath house;
- amusement center, amusement park, dog park, park ground, fairground;
- food fair, street fair, corn maze, pumpkin patch;
- horse-riding stable, kennel, boat yard, pier, seashore;
- public school, parochial school, charter school, vocational school, tutoring center;
- college dormitory, fraternity house, sorority house, lecture hall, classroom, laboratory, library, bookstore;
- church, chapel, synagogue, temple, mosque;
- supermarket, grocery store, convenience store, bakery, butcher shop, produce market, fish market;
- vineyard, brewery, distillery;
- hospital, clinic, doctor’s office, dentist, veterinarian, pharmacy, physical therapist, LabCorp office;
- parking lot, car dealership, gas station, car wash, auto body shop, auto repair, oil change service, tire shop;
- concert hall, stadium, arena, theater, amphitheater, movie theater, bowling alley, circus tent, carnival, casino, racetrack;
- bus depot, train station, airport, heliport, car rental, truck stop, rest stop, gas station;
- cruise ship, riverboat, ferry, freighter, tugboat, tour boat;
- cruise ship terminal, harbor, port, mooring;
- radio station, TV station, internet cafe;
- hotel, motel, trailer park, bed & breakfast, Airbnb, campground, homeless shelter;
- VFW hall, Moose Lodge, convention center, social hall, catering hall;
- cemetery, graveyard, funeral home;
- bridge, tunnel, toll road, railroad crossing;
- warehouse, housing park, office park, industrial park, construction site, abandoned building;
- haunted house, slaughterhouse;
- museum, planetarium, sculpture park, art gallery, art studio;
- factory, machine shop;
- junkyard, trash dump, recycling center;
- public restroom;
- march, demonstration, parade, street performance, iPhone launch, rocket launch, victory celebration;
- wedding, birthday party, prom, anniversary celebration, Ba(r/t) Mitzvah, Christening, Sweet 16, family picnic, school reunion;
- gun store, shooting range;
- etc. (in case I missed a place where gun violence might occur)
We can make a real difference with all of our guns, while reducing unemployment below 3% and giving Trump something tremendous to brag about!
Don’t you feel safer now?
7 thoughts on “The United State of Armories”
You are right when you say we have the power and responsibility to prevent the next mass shooting. Unfortunately it is hard to find a solution of this problem because of the complexity of it.
LikeLiked by 1 person
There is a way, but with certain controversy. This country needs to overcome its paranoia psychosis and disarm itself. Treating each other with love and respect could result in fewer funerals. I realize as I type this, how “kumbaya” this sounds, but it’s better than doing nothing, and could actually be very empowering.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Those statistics are staggering.
LikeLiked by 1 person
More alarming is the increasing number of active shootings in America. According to FBI stats, the average annual number of incidents rose from 7.5 between 2000 and 2006, to an annual average of 16.3 between 2007 and 2013. Five years later, we’re at 307 and counting.
Couldn’t have said it better myself!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hard to believe that we’ve become so desensitized to murder.